- 1987Caslin, Inc. was founded by Brad Ward.
- ’87-’15DeWayne Kuffler started working for the organization shortly after it began. He came up through the Drywall Finishing Union as a journeyman, project manager, and later as an estimator then into operations management.
- 2015DeWayne became a partner in the company.
- 2017Brad retired, and DeWayne purchased the company.
Our Mission is to provide a level of workmanship and customer service that exceeds expectations and leaves a lasting mark for generations to come.
We begin the discussion with General Contractor to verify we are similarly focused, regarding scheduling and task management.
We use a software estimating package that allows us to color and detail drawings. After we have rendered a detailed, color drawing based on designer intentions, we send it along with our list of proposed project components to the General Contractor.
After drawings have come back with any needed changes, we put together a quote. We try to have a sit-down meeting with General Contractor at this time to make sure we are on the same page.
If the General Contractor is new for us, we also like to read their standard contract and insurance requirements. That way we can bring up any items we think will need to be negotiated before they use our quote.
- If asked, we research value engineering for the particular project.
- Calculations are made for worker quantity and scheduling.
- Submittals are started promptly.
- We follow up with the General Contractor on Pre-Construction meetings.